If you’ve ever experienced the pain of a burnt frying pan, I bring good news! You can put away your rubber gloves and rest your weary arms. I have found a solution that is chemical-free, cuts scrubbing time in half and lets you keep your pan. Cheers!
Read below in Urdu
What You Need
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of water (give or take depending on the size of your pan)
- A burnt stainless steel pan that was left empty and unattended on a heated hot plate. oops!.
- A scourer, because I can’t find any way to avoid it entirely
1. Fill the bottom of the pan with a layer of water.
2. Add the vinegar.
3. Bring the pan to the boil. It should be looking a bit cleaner already.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the baking soda. Expect fizz!
5. Empty the pan and scour as normal; if necessary add an extra bit of dry baking soda.
6. If there are any super stubborn marks that don’t come off with scouring, make a paste of baking soda and a couple of drops of water. Leave the paste on the marks for a while and return to clean as normal.
7. Ta-da! Now you can put your feet up and enjoy the many hours you saved yourself standing over the sink.
I’m almost ashamed to say, this is not my first time burning a frying pan (hopefully it is my last) and you can get them clean with just baking soda, water and a scourer if you’re super committed. But this is much, much easier. I’ve also been told that this works really well for baked on food and grime especially milk.
How To Clean Burnt & Scorched Pans: Watch the Video